To President Barack Obama and Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson:
I am writing to call for the immediate release of:
- Pedro Arturo Salmeron Salmeron (A# 206-794-982) of Charlotte
- Walter Joel Aguilar Ramirez (A# 206-799-034) of Charlotte
- Josue Alexander Soriano Cortez (A# 206-731-549) of Thomasville
- Wildin David Guillen Acosta (A# 206-799-049) of Durham
- Edwin Yonatan Alvarez Galvan (A#202-076-383) of Cary
- Santos Geovany Padilla-Guzman (A# 208-268-389) of Raleigh
- Bilmer Araeli Pujoy Juarez (A# 202-129-863) of Greenville
Pedro, Walter, Josue, Wildin, Edwin, Santos and Bilmer were the victims of ICE raids in the last few weeks. All seven came to the United States fleeing gang and criminal violence.
Let us be clear, Pedro, Walter, Josue, Wildin, Edwin, Santos and Bilmer have no previous criminal record. None.
If Pedro, Walter, Josue, Wildin, Edwin, Santos and Bilmer are deported, this would go against our humanitarian principles and place their lives in grave danger.